Visa requirements for Canadians
Canadian citizens using Canadian passports can purchase a visa upon arrival (VOA) in the country at the first airport or land border crossing point. There is no application process.
Visa requirements for Foreigners
You must apply directly to the embassy or high commission for this visa. No third party can assist.
Canadian citizens using Canadian passports do not need a visa to enter Kuwait for short tourist or business stays.
The following nationals shall be granted entry visas upon their arrival to Kuwait international airport: CANADA, U.S.A., U.K., France, Italy, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal Ireland, Greece, Finland, Spain, Monaco, Vatican, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Brunei Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, South Korea, China, Poland.
* All passengers must be in possession of return ticket.
* The concerned authorities in the state of Kuwait shall reserve the right to refuse admitting any person into the country without explanation.
* Passenger should not be black listed in the state of Kuwait.
* Passenger should be holding a passport valid for more than six month from the date of travel to Kuwait.
* Passenger should register his residence address in Kuwait when applying for the visa at visas counter at the airport.
- Embassy of the State of Kuwait
- Consular Section
- 333 Sussex Drive
- Ottawa ON K1N 1J9
- Tel: (613) 780-9999
- Fax: (613) 780-9905
- Consular Section Tel: (613) 237-6785