"I have no borders"

900-275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5H9
Phone: (613) 231-7054


The United Mexican States

Do I Need a Visa to Visit Mexico?

Canadian citizens using Canadian passports do not require a visa to enter Mexico for tourism or business stays under ninety (90) days.

Canadian citizens using Canadian passports will be issued a Multiple Migratory Form (Tourist Card) at the border for a fee of US$20. This fee is included in most commercial and charter airline tickets.

Canadian citizens are also eligible for a NAFTA visa for work purposes. The NAFTA visa is available directly from Mexican border authorities.

Foreign residents of Canada with a valid Canadian Permanent Resident card, and a valid foreign PASSPORT (not a refugee travel document or certificate of identity), no longer require a visa for either tourism or business purposes. You must carry your valid foreign passport and your valid Canadian PR card to Mexico.

Holders of Canadian Permanent Residency status (e.g. Canadian Landed Immigrants) with a current and valid PR card and a current and valid foreign national passport do not require a visa to visit Mexico as tourists for less than 30 days. This does not apply to refugees or holders of travel documents or certificates of identity. You must produce a valid foreign passport and valid Canadian Permanent Residence Card as proof of permanent residency.

PERMANENT RESIDENTS who are in doubt about the Mexican policy of visa-free travel should CONTACT THEIR AIRLINE for further details.

Nationals of the following countries do not need a visa:
European Union (EU) countries; Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, CANADA, Chile, Costa Rica, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Korea Rep, Liechtenstein, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland and Uruguay, USA.

All other nationals will need a visa if not legal permanent residents of Canada. Apply here:

Embassy of Mexico
Consular Section
Suite 1000
45 O'Connor St
Ottawa ON K1P 1A4
Tel: (613) 787 5177

For more information about travel conditions, please visit the Foreign Affairs Web site.