The Kingdom of Japan
Do I Need a Visa to Visit Japan?
Canadian citizens using Canadian passports do not require a visa to enter Japan for tourism or business stays under ninety (90) days.
Due to Japanese government regulations, we are unable to assist you with your visa needs. Travelers to Japan are advised that they must seek visa information directly from the Japanese Embassy. Please contact:
Embassy of Japan
255 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, ON, K1N 9E6
Tel: (613) 241 8541
This visa is for attending conferences; participating in business meetings; or athletic tournaments and so on.
- passport, valid until after departure,
- one (1) fully completed and signed visa application form,
- one (1) recent passport style photograph,
- Landed Immigrant document, if applicable,
- a bank statement,
- a return or onward air ticket or itinerary from your travel agent,
- a full schedule (dates and places) of your plans in Japan,
- an itinerary from your company or from the Japanese organization inviting you, stating the purpose of your visit,
- a letter from your company stating all expenses in Japan are covered by your employer,
- a Guarantor letter from an acquaintance in Japan if you don't have a work permit or permanent status in Japan.
NOTE: if you request a multiple entry visa, you must supply a company letter explaining the reasons for the request, and add a certificate of employment form your employer.
For more information about travel conditions in Asia, please visit the Foreign Affairs Web site.