"I have no borders"

900-275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5H9
Phone: (613) 231-7054


The State of Israel

Do I Need a Visa to Visit Israel?

Canadian citizens using Canadian passports do not require a visa to enter Israel for tourism or business stays.

Travellers intending to visit the Occupied Territories of Palestine (areas under Israeli military occupation or Israeli political control) are advised to view the page for PALESTINE for visa details.

Most non-Canadian nationals, including those with Canadian Permanent Resident cards, need a visa.

Due to Israeli government regulations, third parties and services are prohibited from assisting with these visas. Travelers are advised that they must seek visas directly from the Israeli Embassy in Ottawa.

CAUTION: Travellers are warned that a border or immigration stamp from Israel or from a land crossing to Israel present in their passports may well make them ineligible to enter most Arab or Muslim countries worldwide.

CAUTION: Travellers with Canadian passports but Palestinian background or Palestinian sounding names will probably be denied entry to Israel, and their Canadian passport marked as "Palestinian Authority Only" by Israeli authorities. The Canadian government will not assist Canadians in these cases.

RIGHT OF RETURN "Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country." Article 13 (2) of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

RIGHT OF RETURN "Individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory to the territory of the Occupying Power or to that of any other country, occupied or not, are prohibited, regardless of their motive. Persons thus evacuated shall be transferred back to their homes as soon as hostilities in the area in question have ceased." Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention.