The Kingdom of Belgium
Do I Need a Visa to Visit Belgium?
Canadian citizens using Canadian passports do not require a visa to enter Belgium for tourism or business stays under ninety (90) days.
Nationals of the following countries do not need a visa to enter Belgium:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Brunei, CANADA, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, European Union (EU), France, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, United States of America, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela and the European Union countries: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.
Nationals of the following organizations with proper papers do not need a visa to enter Belgium:
- a `laissez passer' from the United Nations;
- a legitimisation document issued by the Secretary General of the Council of Europe;
- a `laissez passer' of which the form is determined by the Council of the European Communities and issued by the Presidents of those Communities;
- a `laissez passer' issued by the Secretary General of the Customs Co operation Council;
- an official legitimisation document from the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation;
- personal military identity papers and an individual or collective travel order issued by NATO or the relevant authorities of the countries of which they are nationals;
- personal military identity papers and a permit for the Canadian or United States military personnel posted in Europe.
All other nationals will need a visa.
Apply IN PERSON at the Belgian Embassy or nearest consulate for the Schengen Zone visa.
Belgium is a signatory of the Schengen area Agreement on border control and visa standardization. The application for a Schengen area visa is the same for all members. Prices vary depending on the country of your first arrival.
Due to Belgian government regulations, we are unable to assist you with your visa needs. Travelers to Belgium are advised that they must seek visas directly from the Belgian Embassy in Ottawa:
Embassy of Belgium
360 Albert Street
8th Floor, Suite 820
Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 7X7
Tel: (613) 236 7267
Fax: (613) 236 7882
For more information about travel conditions, please visit the Foreign Affairs Web site.